Located approximately 4km from the Hindmarsh Drive junction and 1.5km from Long Gully Road junction. It is located on a privately leased farm so access is restricted but it can be easily viewed from the road.
The original two room cottage was built from stone obtained from nearby Mt Mugga Mugga, sometime prior to 1878. An additional two rooms were added later. The cottage was built as an out-station, or overseer’s house for employees of the Duntroon station. Although now in ruins, It is reminiscent of Blundells Cotttage (also Duntroon Station).
View from the fence on Mugga Lane.
View Larger Map
Post a Comment