A letter to the Editor dated 1924 penned by F Campbell grandson of Robert 'Merchant' Campbell (bio) of Duntroon describing the historical pronunciation of Canberra from a time when the area was known as 'Limestone Plains'. The letter ends with a description of the discovery of 'Piallago' which was to become Duntroon, today's Royal Military College...
The Sydney Morning Herald - 1 April 1924
Love the image.ReplyDelete
The Duntroon Dairy 1830's. It's the first permanent building in the Territory Keith. It is built from stone from neighboring Mount Pleasant. It even has a well inside...ReplyDelete
A bit more info about the Dairy