Yankee Hat Aboriginal Rock Art - Namadji National Park - ACT
Before the video is a newspaper clipping from The Sydney Morning Herald dated 11 June 1927 where a man named Samuel Shumack, having first arrived on the Limestone Plains in 1856, describes reminiscences of the "Canberra Blacks" in the 19th century as relayed to him by John Patrick Cunningham, who had first come to the area in 1823...
National Library of Australia (here)
THE VIDEO - The first people of Canberra - The Ngunnawal / Ngambri
Share this -